Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Mason Jar-Baby Shower!

Well hello there readers! I hope you all had a most wonderful day! It's June, so of course, beautiful weather is in full swing around here, and as much time as possible is spent outdoors! We have been busy around here, working on the gardens, and many other outdoor projects. They can seem never-ending at times, but there is such a feeling of satisfaction when one is checked off the list! One of our weekend projects, was to resurface what I like to call the "Ugly Deck" at our house! One side of our yard has a big beautiful deck where we spent most of our time. The other side has the "Ugly Deck"....it was gross, old, and rotten looking, and in major need of a makeover, but the view from it is just awesome! We have gotten a good start on this deck's transformation, but it's still a work in progress! I was so excited about it however, that I decided to use it for today's photo shoot....despite the fact that it does not yet have a railing, and is quite high off the ground, it has the neatest, little, old, gnarly tree that I wanted to use to hang my feature this week! What are they, you may ask? Mason Jar Lanterns, to go with our Mason Jar Baby Shower Invitation! 

If you have stopped by here before, you may recall my exciting find at a yard sale a few weeks back....some vintage mason jars that I just love, and couldn't wait to use! Well, they are serving me well, and appear again today, serving another purpose! Check out today's invitation from Cardmint. There is nothing about it I don't love! I love the colours, pattern, occasion, and of COURSE the charming mason jars hanging from the tree! I tried to recreate a little of that today with my photos to give you an idea of what you can do if you are planning a baby shower for someone special this summer!
 Today was nothing if not insanely windy around here! There were even tornado watches in our area for most of the day, but it was also so beautiful out, I just had to get out there! :) I love the gnarly old tree that I hung the lanterns from. I feel like it has character, and a bit of a story to tell, if it could talk!
 The little turquoise tray in the photos was also a yard sale find! How cute for a splash of colour for only $1.00. I think I may have found a new favourite past time!
 Check out the Etsy page, and put in your order today for this delightful invitation! At $16.00 for a set of 12 printed invitations with white envelopes, it's the perfect price point to get your planning started! All invitations are printed on a professional printer on high quality cardstock. The proof is always sent for your approval beforehand! If you prefer a coloured envelope, there is an upgrade fee of $9.00 added onto your order. They should arrive 5-7 business day after your purchase! If you prefer to print yourself, you can purchase the printable file for $15.00. It includes all of your personalized information, and you will receive a proof within 24 hours.
 I had a lot of fun mixing and matching the greens and blues from the invite in the little vignette I created for this occasion! Maybe that's why I love this invite so much....it was chock full of some of my most favourite colours!!


 If you would like to make some mason jar lanterns for yourself, it's super easy to do! First, track down some jars that make you happy, like mine do! Purchase a roll of burlap from your local craft store, and measure it around your jar. Snip it right where the two sides overlap! Get out your handy dandy glue gun, and glue the two sides together! I found some adorable paper flowers at the same craft store, and I glued them to the centre of the jar. I then tied some twine underneath the ring of the mason jar, and tied two other pieces to each side so they can tie together on the branches of your favourite tree! Add some tealights, or fresh flowers, and voila!! You have yourself some charming little conversation pieces in no time flat!!

 I found some blue and green gift bags and glued some more paper flowers onto the bags, and tucked a bit of white tissue paper inside to hide the little "thank-you gifts" and prices for each guest to take home!

 Thanks for popping by today! I hope that Cardmint has inspired you with some ideas for your upcoming baby shower! Check out our full selection of cards on Etsy, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram for more ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment